Assembly Room Expectations
Assembly Room Use Expectations
1. Calendar information and reservation forms can be viewed at http://gscomplex.tamu.edu
2. The assembly rooms are available to TAMU affiliated groups or to groups that are sponsored by TAMU.
a. All requests are done on a first come, first serve basis. However, preference will be granted to groups affiliated within the General Services Complex.
b. A request does not guarantee a reservation. Requests are considered unconfirmed until requestor has received email notification confirming the event.
3. Reservation cancellations need to be submitted 48 hours prior to the event start time.
4. There are currently no charges for qualified groups.
5. Room set up will generally be conducted by Facilities Coordination Staff. However, there may be instances in which the host group will have to assume some set up responsibility.
6. When making a request please allow for 1.5 hours set up time before and after a confirmed event.
7. Basic audio/visual equipment is provided at no cost. Any additional needed supplies will be the responsibility of the host.
8. Activities shall be restricted to the Assembly Rooms and upon approval, the adjoining Lobby.
9. The General Services Complex is not responsible for parking arrangements for guests.
10. Meeting participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
11. GSC conference rooms 101ABC are available during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Any exceptions to these times will be made at the Facilities Managers discretion.
12. All food services for meetings are to be coordinated by the hosting departmental representative. The hosting department must make sure that all food and supplies are picked up by the caterer immediately following your event.
14. Food requiring on site cooking, or significant preparation will not be allowed.
15. It is not acceptable to use break room, custodial, or bathroom supplies for events, i.e. paper towels, trash bags, and condiments from the vending area break room.
16. Be aware that post event clean-up is the responsibility of the host. Custodial staff is not responsible for cleaning up after the event.
17. Decorations may be temporarily affixed to the walls, partitions or hung from the ceiling with masking tape only and removed immediately following the meeting. Damages requiring repair will be charged to the hosting department.
18. The GSC Facilities Manager may make exceptions to any of the above rules at his discretion based on evaluations of the circumstances.